This Maple Chili Lime Salmon is flavourful, easy and will become one of your go-to weeknight dinners. It comes together super quickly, pair it with veggies and starch of choice and you have a delicious, easy meal!
Simple, quick and easy
A few simple ingredients come together to make this Maple Chili Lime Salmon super flavourful with minimal effort.
For the Maple Chili Lime marinade you’ll need:
- pure maple syrup
- 1 lime (or lime juice)
- chili powder
- red pepper flakes
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
For the salmon, I used a large, skin on filet that was about 0.30 kg which is enough for 2 -3 servings. However you can use 2-3 smaller individual sized filets, even skinless if you prefer or have it on hand.
What to serve with Maple Chili Lime Salmon
This meal is very versatile, and you can pair any veggies and starch that you have on hand to make it a complete, nutritionally balanced meal.
I chose roasted mini potatoes and broccoli as my starch and veggie for this meal since it can also be roasted in the oven at the same temperature required to cook the salmon.
- roasted mini potatoes, sweet potatoes, Japanese sweet potatoes
- rice, quinoa, farro or grain of choice
- any veggie, great vegetables for roasting include broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus, eggplant, green beans, the list goes on!
If you made this recipe be sure to leave a star review below!
If you loved this salmon recipe, you’ll also want to try my Maple Dijon Sheet Pan Salmon. Check out some other simple, flavourful meals like this Spicy Salmon Bowl, this Chicken Feta Sheet Pan, or this Sheet Pan Butternut Squash Soup.
Maple Chili Lime Salmon
- 1 ½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 10-12 oz (aprox 0.3 kg) filet of salmon *Either skin on or removed, depending on your preference
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, lime juice, chili powder, pepper flakes, minced garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the lined baking sheet. Spoon the mixture over top and spread to coat the whole piece of salmon. Reserve some of the marinade for topping once it's cooked if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through, flaky and reached an internal temp of 145°F. Spoon any reserved marinade over top and serve while hot.
Leave a Reply