This Strawberry Chia Seed Jam only takes 10-15 minutes to make & is the perfect addition to your PB&J! It is super nutrient packed, delicious and a fun way to reap the benefits of chia seeds.
Why make Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- It is so easy and quick to make. It only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, making it one of the quickest homemade jams.
- It’s a fun way to use more chia seeds. Chia seeds are incredibly nutrient dense, containing lots of fibre, omega 3 fatty acids, minerals along with antioxidants which promote good health and decrease inflammation in the body.
- It is totally customizable and a nourishing addition to your meals and snacks. This recipe is low in added sugars, and you can tweak the sweetness to suit your preference. I used about 1 tbsp of honey, however you can add more or less! You can also use any type of berry to substitute strawberries, even a mix of berries would work great.
- It is super delicious!
Only 5 ingredients needed
Strawberry chia seed jam is incredibly simple to make, and if you have used chia seeds before you probably have all the ingredients already.
- fresh or frozen strawberries (2 cups)
- chia seeds- any type will work, I used black chia seeds here
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Pinch of salt
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a star rating & review below
Check out some other homemade spread/sauce recipes on the blog like my Homemade Tzatziki Sauce, or this White Bean Pumpkin Hummus.
You might also love some other breakfast inspo like these Make-Ahead Smoothie Packs, or my Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oats. Happy Cooking!
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups frozen or fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Pinch salt
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add the strawberries and stir occasionally until they are softened and their juices start to release about 5-15 minutes depending if the berries are frozen or fresh.
- Once they are very soft, mash them with a potato masher or fork until your desired consistency is reached. Heat for another 3-5 minutes until the juices start bubbling .
- Stir in the chia seeds, lemon juice, honey and salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. The chia seeds will absorb the liquid while it cools.
- Once cooled add the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight, sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze for up to 1-2 months. Place in the refrigerator to allow to defrost before using.
Leave a Reply