This Peanut Sauce Tofu Noodle Bowl is a delicious, flavourful and nourishing meal you will want to make on repeat. Peanut sauce is the best of both worlds. It combines that sweet and savoury flavour we all love and pairs well with so many different veggies.
A simple meal made easier with a few tips
While this Peanut Sauce Tofu Noodle Bowl is fairly simple, there are a few components that may take up a bit of your time.
Low on time?
When low on time in the evening, try a few of these tips to make dinner come together in a pinch:
- Purchase pre-shredded cabbage, like a coleslaw mix.
- Make the peanut sauce ahead of time. It will store well in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Prep your veggies ahead of time, ie. chop all the veggies so they are ready to toss in the frying pan come dinner time.
- Substitute the vegetables for what you have on hand, this recipe would pair well with just about any veggie. Think broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, green beans
Ingredients Peanut Sauce Tofu Noodle Bowl
You might have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. Feel free to substitute the vegetables for what you have on hand! I’ve made this recipe with broccoli and it was great.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- sesame oil, or cooking oil of choice
- rice noodles of choice
- green onions, green cabbage, carrot, bell pepper
- natural peanut butter
- soy sauce
- honey, or liquid sweetener of choice
- garlic cloves
- limes or lime juice
- red pepper flakes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a star review below!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love my Spicy Salmon Bowl, this Orange Tofu Stir Fry, or this Chicken Shawarma Bowl.
Peanut Sauce Tofu Noodle Bowl
Tofu Stir Fry & Noodles
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- pinch salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 200 g rice noodles of choice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bunch green onions, white parts thinly sliced *Chop some of the greens for garnish
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/4 of a small green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Start by preheating the oven to 400℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat the block of tofu dry with a paper towel and slice the tofu into sticks.
- Place the sliced tofu in a medium bowl and add 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil along with the pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well then spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a bowl and set aside, cook your noodles according to package directions and set aside. Toss a drizzle of oil into the cooked noodles to prevent from sticking. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the remaining 1/2 tbsp of the sesame oil.
- Once hot add the green onions to the pan and fry for about 30 seconds before adding the carrot, cabbage and bell pepper. Sauté for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are softened and cooked through. Remove from heat and mix in the peanut sauce and baked tofu. Mix for about 30 seconds, the sauce will start to thicken slightly from the heat.
- Serve over top the rice noodles (or mix the noodles into the stir fry mixture) and garnish with the reserved green onions. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply