This single serve apple crisp is the perfect healthy treat without having to make a huge batch. The apples are baked in a small ramekin topped with the most delicious oat crisp, and ice cream of choice at the end. This recipe is equal parts classic, cozy and super delicious.
Ingredients in this Single Serve Apple Crisp
This recipe also happens to be gluten-free, so more if you can enjoy it! Instead of regular flour, I used oat flour which is naturally gluten-free. If you need to avoid gluten, make sure you are using certified gluten-free oats.
- 1 small apple
- cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- rolled oats
- oat flour
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
Quick, easy and nutritious
This single serve apple crisp is easy to make, and only takes 20-25 minutes in the oven to cook. It is also very nutritious, and uses whole food ingredients. There is nothing wrong with a traditional dessert once in a while, but I love to make healthier desserts most of the time so I can still enjoy a treat and feel great.
The oats, oat flour and the apple provides lots of gut-loving fibre, as well as various vitamins and minerals to promote good health. I love using fruit in my desserts, as the more whole foods you can get into your day, the better for your overall health!
If you make this recipe, leave me a star rating and review below so I know how you liked it!
And be sure to check out other nourishing desserts on my blog like these Chocolate Raspberry Milk Pops, or these Banana Chocolate Oat Bars!
Single Serve Apple Crisp
- 16-oz ramekin Or similar size oven safe dish
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 ½ tbsp oat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and oil a 16-oz ramekin or similar size oven safe dish*. Dice or thinly slice an apple and mix with the cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl then add to the ramekin.
- In the same small bowl mix the ingredients for the crisp topping. Spread out on top of the apples concentrating most of the topping to the middle.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crisp is golden brown. Serve warm with dairy free vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Leave a Reply