Crispy chickpeas, roasted veggies with a delicious maple tahini dressing. This Maple Tahini Roasted Chickpeas and Veggie Sheet pan is the perfect nourishing and easy veggie packed week night meal!
Ingredients in Maple Tahini Maple Tahini Roasted Chickpeas and Veggie Sheet Pan
For the roasted chickpeas and veggies:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- olive oil
- dried spices including garlic powder, parsley, paprika, and red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- brussels sprouts
- sweet potato
For the maple tahini dressing:
- pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- water to thin
Quick & healthy
This recipe is such a simple and quick meal, making it perfect for busy weeknights. All the veggies and the can of chickpeas are cooked on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The oven does most of the work here and minimal clean up is involved!
The Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and carrots make this meal very high in fibre, great for your heart and digestive health. All three of these vegetables pack in plant nutrients, called phytonutrients which are known to have a large range of health benefit and antioxidant properties. Phytonutrients are usually what give plants their vibrant colours!
Chickpeas provide even more fibre and are a source of plant based protein, making this a well rounded meal.
If you try this recipe be sure to leave a star rating and review so I know how you liked it!
Maple Tahini Chickpea and Veggie Sheet Pan
For the chickpeas:
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, dried parsley, paprika
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the veggies:
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, stems and outer leaves removed, halved
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1 large carrot, sliced into coins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, dried parsley
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch salt
Maple Tahini Dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water to thin
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roughly dry the rinsed and strained chickpeas using a clean tea towel. Add to a mixing bowl and toss with the oil and spices. Spread out onto one of the baking trays.
- Add the brussels sprouts, sweet potato and carrots to a mixing bowl and mix in the oil and spices. Spread out onto the other baking tray, and bake both for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- While the chickpeas and vegetables cook make the maple tahini dressing. Whisk the tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add water as needed to thin to your desired consistency, start by adding 1 tbsp at a time between mixing. You may need a little more water depending on how runny the tahini is.
- Once chickpeas and vegetables are cooked mix them together. Plate and drizzle the maple tahini dressing over top. Season with more ground back pepper and enjoy!