You are guaranteed to look forward to your afternoon snack, dessert or even breakfast with these versatile Chocolate Raspberry Milk Pops! High in protein and essential nutrients, they make for a great nutritionally balanced snack to get you through the day.
This post is sponsored by the Dairy Farmers of Ontario.
A simple, nourishing snack using milk
These super fun, chocolatey popsicles are packed with so much nutrition thanks to local milk. I love using milk in my recipes because it supports a healthy immunity as it’s a great source of complete protein, zinc, and vitamins A and B12 all in a convenient package.
Chocolate Raspberry Milk Pops make for a decadent, chocolatey dessert and doubles as a healthy, nutritionally balanced snack. The magic combination to create a balanced snack is to pair a protein source with some fibre and complex carbohydrates. This creates a filling, satisfying snack that will keep you full for hours!
Protein: Liquid milk and milk from thenGreek yogurt both contribute a source a complete protein. You’ll get about 5 grams of protein from just one of these milk pops.
Fibre: Raspberries are one of the highest fibre fruits, just one cup has 8 grams!
Complex carbohydrates: Milk and yogurt are both a great source of carbohydrates. Lactose, which is the sugar naturally contained in milk makes up the majority of the carbohydrates. If you are sensitive, opt for lactose free milk as it’s still packed with protein and all the nutrients noted above!
If you make these Chocolate Raspberry Milk Pops, be sure to leave a star rating & review. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for more creative and delicious ways to use milk, check out these Make-Ahead Smoothie Packs, this Creamy Lemon Parmesan Pasta Primavera, or this Sheet Pan Butternut Squash Soup.
Chocolate Raspberry Milk Pops
- Popsicle Mold With 10 large molds
- Wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 cup 2% milk (or lactose free milk)
- 1 ½ cups vanilla greek yogurt Or raspberry for a more intense flavour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips *Optional for drizzling on top
- 2 tsp coconut oil *Optional for drizzling on top
- In a medium bowl add the milk, yogurt, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and the salt. Whisk together until completely smooth.
- Add 2 raspberries to each popsicle mold and push the raspberries to the bottom using a spoon. Pour in the milk and yogurt chocolate mixture filling each section and leaving 1-2 tsp at the top.
- Place a few more raspberries on top of of each popsicle. Cover and place a wooden popsicle stick into each mold. Freeze for 8 hours or until frozen solid.
- To remove, run warm water on the outside of the popsicle mold until you are able to pull each one out. If you would like to drizzle chocolate on top, place each popsicle on a flat surface and keep frozen while you melt the chocolate.
- Combine the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Microwave again for 15 seconds and stir until completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of each popsicle and return to the freezer in a plastic freezer bag or airtight container.
- I like to leave a popsicle at room temperature on the counter for 2-5 minutes prior to eating for the perfect fudgey texture! Enjoy as a healthy snack, dessert, or even breakfast.
Leave a Reply