This homemade Tzatziki Sauce is the perfect topping for your wraps and bowls, or the perfect dip for fresh veggies. It contains then than 10 simple ingredients that are easily thrown together to make the creamiest, fresh dip.
Simple & Nutritious
This simple dip uses only 7 ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand. This recipe pairs perfectly with my Greek Chicken Gyros!
While buying store bought is much more convenient, homade tzatziki sauce is so much more fresh and delicious. While I do buy store-bought most of the time for convenience, I still love making this when I have more time and energy.
This homemade Tzatziki sauce recipe is high in protein thanks to the greek yogurt base. It also contains healthy fats from the olive oil, vitamins and minerals from the cucumber, garlic and fresh herbs.
Ingredients in Homamade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 large cucumber, finely grated and excess water squeezed out
- Plain greek yogurt, any fat percentage works
- Fresh dill, fresh is best here!
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make
This recipe comes together very easily. The hardest part is grating the cucumber and squeezing out the water, however this is still fairly simple to do.
Using the fine grate side of a box grated, grate about 3/4 of a large cucumber to get about 1 cup. Squeeze out the excess water by squeezing between your hands, or place in a clean tea towel and squeeze out the water this way.
Place in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season with salt to taste and top with more olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a star rating and review below so I know how you liked it!
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup finely grated cucumber (about 3/4 of a large cucumber)
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper for topping
- Start by finely grating the cucumber. Place the grated cucumber into a clean tea towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add to a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt to taste .
- Top with extra olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper if desired. Enjoy!