These Dill Pickle Crispy Chickpeas will become your new favourite snack. They are crunchy, flavourful and are the perfect topper for salads or grain bowls!
A nutritious snack
Chickpeas are are type of legume and very nutritious. They contain many vitamins and minerals and are particularly high in iron, potassium and magnesium (among many other nutrients)! They also contain a good amount of plant based protein and fibre!
Because of the fibre and protein that chickpeas contain, this snack will help you to feel full & satisfied until your next meal!
Ways to eat Dill Pickle Crispy Chickpeas
I love these Dill Pickle Crispy Chickpeas on their own, but there are so many other ways to use them!
- Eat them on their own
- Pair with some crunch raw veggies like cucumber slices, celery or baby carrots
- Pair with fruit like a clementine, grapes, or apple slices
- To top salads
- To top quinoa bowls
- To top avocado toast (one of my favourite ways to use them!)
You’ll need less than 10 ingredients to make this super simple recipe!
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas
- White Vinegar
- Olive oil
- Dried dill, garlic powder & onion powder
- Salt & pepper
If you like this recipe, check out some other plant based recipes on the blog:
- Crispy Roasted Chickpeas (two ways)
- Lemon Parmesan Pasta Primavera
- Healthy Mac & Cheese
- White Bean Pumpkin Hummus
If you try this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and review so I know how you liked it. Enjoy!
Dill Pickle Crispy Chickpeas
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- About 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the strained and rinsed chickpeas to a bowl and pour about 1 cup of white vinegar over top, just enough to completely cover the chickpeas. Soak in the vinegar for 15 minutes then strain off the vinegar (do not rinse).
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the strained chickpeas between 2 pieces of paper towel (or a clean tea towel) and dab off the excess moisture.
- Once fairly dry, add the chickpeas to a baking sheet. Remove any large pieces of the chickpeas skins that may have come off while drying them. Do not add any oil to the pan yet!
- Bake for 7 minutes, then swirl the chickpeas around on the hot pan for about 30 seconds to release the steam (my best trick to get super crispy chickpeas!).
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and mix to coat the chickpeas, returning to the oven to bake for an additional 25-28 minutes.
- Once they are done baking toss the spices, salt and pepper onto the pan while it’s still hot and mix to coat. Add more salt to taste if needed.
- Store uncovered at room temperature for up to 4 days. Enjoy!