Who said vegetables have to be boring? These miso brussels sprouts and roasted radishes are anything but! The ultimate side dish that doubles as a way to get in a veggie serving & a way to add lots of flavour to your meal!
Ingredients in Miso Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch radishes
- Olive oil or oil of choice
- White miso paste
- Rice vinegar
- Pure maple syrup
- Red pepper flakes
What to pair with Miso Brussels Sprouts
I love pairing this with salmon and rice! Try doubling the miso dressing & using half to marinate filets of salmon before baking them in tin foil. Note that miso can burn at high temperatures, drain off any excess marinade from the salmon prior to baking.
- With any fish and rice or quinoa (I love salmon with this side dish!)
- Crispy tofu and sautéed veggies
- Roasted chicken and potato wedges
- Or serve alone as an appetizer!
Check out some other side dish on the blog like this Winter Kale Salad, or this Quinoa Pomegranate Feta Salad.
If you try out this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and review, I would love to see how you enjoy it!
Miso Brussels Sprouts with Radishes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and halved
- 1 bunch radishes, stems removed and halved
- 2 tsp olive oil or oil of choice
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the cut brussels sprouts and radishes in the 2 tsp of olive oil and spread out evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, mix together the miso, rice vinegar, maple syrup, minced garlic and red pepper flakes.
- After roasting the vegetables for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and pour the miso mixture over top and mix to coat evenly. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the brussels are slightly golden brown and the radishes are tender. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply