These healthy cookie dough bites are gluten-free, easy to make, and super delicious! They make the perfect snack or dessert in everyone’s favour flavour, peanut butter cookie dough.
Ingredients in Healthy Cookie Dough Balls
- Rolled oat: The perfect gluten-free grain! Make sure they are certified gluten-free if needed due to an allergy or celiac disease.
- Natural peanut butter: The natural kind works best to get the proper consistency. I used the smooth type, but chunky peanut butter would add a nice crunch, let me know if you try it out!
- Honey: To add a touch of sweetness.
- Coconut oil: A little bit of melted coconut oil helps to bind the dough together.
- Vanilla extract and cinnamon: To get the classic cookie dough flavour.
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips: Feel free to get creative, substitute the chocolate for chopped nuts, dried fruit. You could even used chopped dark chocolate!
As a snack:
- On their own! These healthy cookie dough bites contain protein and healthy fats that will keep you satisfied for hours.
- With apple slices or your favourite fruit.
- Crumble one of the balls up to top vanilla yogurt & granola for fancy snack.
As a dessert:
- Chop up a ball or 2 and mix it into some vanilla ice cream as a DIY cookie dough ice cream flavour!
- Of course, these little bites are perfect on their own to end off a meal on a sweet note.
Check out some other bites and snacks on the blog!
Looking for something savoury? Check out:
As usual, I love to hear from you! Leave a rating and review if you try this one out. Enjoy!
Healthy Cookie Dough Energy Bites (Gluten-Free!)
- 2 cup rolled oats, blended (or about 1½ cups oat flour) Use certified gluten-free oats if needed
- 1/2 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Blend the rolled oats in a food processor or blender on high speed for about 1 minute until you get a fine flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips right into the processor and pulse a few times to mix. You will get a crumbly texture dough that clumps together when squeezed between your hands.
- Remove the blade from the food processor or transfer the dough into a seperate bowl. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out a heaping tablespoon and form into a tight ball between your hands. Once finished, place them in a covered container and pop them in the refridgerator to firm up for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Makes 12-13 balls.
- 1-2 balls per serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.