This is the perfect summer meal that is ready in 30 minutes or less! This meal has been a favourite in my family for some time now & I wanted to share it with you!
By replacing some of the breadcrumbs with hemp hearts in this recipe, you can easily add some protein, healthy fats, and fibre to the meal without compromising on flavour.
What to pair Hemp Heart Crusted Chicken Strips with
- I love pairing these chicken strips with some grilled veggies and crispy potatoes for a delicious summer meal.
- Spicy mayo or a garlic aioli is the perfect dip, or keep it simple with some ketchup.
- Repurposed for tomorrow’s lunch on top of a salad with your favourite vinaigrette!
Browse my other main dishes on my blog for some meal planning inspo!
Be sure to leave a review and star rating if you try it out. Enjoy!
Hemp Heart Crusted Chicken Strips
- 1 cup italian breadcrumbs whole wheat if preferred
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce Or any hot sauce of choice!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- Start by preheating the oven to 375F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large shallow dish, mix the breadcrumbs and hemp hearts. In another dish, beat the egg and mix in the sriracha.
- With a paper towel, pat dry any excess moisture on the surface of the chicken. Slice the chicken breasts into 1/4 inch thick strips along the long edge.
- Using one hand, dunk the chicken into the egg/hot sauce mixture. Allow any excess liquid to drain off then place in the breadcrumb/hemp heart mixture. Using your other hand, coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken strip on the parchment lined baking sheet and repeat until all the chicken strips are breaded. Divide between the 2 baking sheets evenly- we don't want to overcrowd them on the pan or they won't get as crispy.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and flip, then return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until an internal temp of 165F is reached.
- Enjoy with some roasted veggies, potatoes or a salad!