This delicious Apple Cheddar Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette is the perfect side or base for your lunches. The salty and sweet combination from the McIntosh apples, aged cheddar cheese, and salted walnuts will have you feeling all the fall vibes, yet it’s still fresh enough to enjoy all year round.
Ingredients in Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- Olive Oil: My favourite salad dressing base
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Adds the perfect punchy flavour
- Dijon mustard: You won’t taste the mustard in the vinaigrette, but trust me it adds that something extra
- Maple syrup: Use real maple syrup here to add the maple sweetness that pairs perfectly with the cheese and salted walnuts
- Garlic: Because every vinaigrette needs garlic
- Salt & Pepper to finish it off
How to make Apple Cheddar Salad
- Start by roasting the walnuts. When they are finished in the oven, sprinkle on a pinch of salt.
- While the walnuts cook, chop the lettuce leaves, apple and cheddar cheese.
- Make the Maple Cider Vinaigrette: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Construct your salad: top the lettuce with the apple slices, cubed cheese and walnuts. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, reserving some for topping later, or serve the dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Check out my other salad recipes here on the blog!
If you loved Apple Cheddar Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette, you’ll love this loaded Acorn Squash & Pomegranate Kale Salad!
Be sure to leave a star rating and review if you try it out! Enjoy!
Apple Cheddar Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette
Apple & Cheddar Salad
- about 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 oz aged cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 McIntosh Apple (or any type of apple) sliced or diced
- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- Pinch sea salt
Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spread the walnut on a baking tray. Bake for 7 minutes until slightly golden and crispy. Once out of the oven add a pinch of salt, mix them around on the hot pan and allow to cool.
- Next, prepare the salad. To a large bowl add the salad greens and remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl or jar, add all the vinaigrette ingredietns and wisk together with a fork.
- Add the cooled walnuts to the salad and serve with the vinaigrette mixed in or on the side if you anticipate leftovers. Enjoy!