Banana Honey Almond Granola is a delicious way to start off your day or to fuel in-between meals. Toasted almonds, honey & bananas, the flavour combination can’t be beat!
I am a huge fan of granola. You can eat it for both breakfast and a snack, and it can pack in so much nutrition. When you see a box of granola in the grocery store, you’ll typically see claims on the label talking about how healthy and good for you it is. However, it is no secret that many store-bought granola brands really pack in the sugar. While granola does include a lot of great ingredients that make it nutritious, like oats and nuts, it is smart to read nutrition labels to compare & see which ones pack in the sugar.
Or, you could easily make your own right at home! I love making my own granola for 2 reason:
1) I can control the amount of sugar in the recipe.
2) It is SO easy to make!
Ingredients in Banana Honey Almond Granola
- Large flake rolled oats
- Hemp hearts for a boost of protein, fibre and healthy fats
- CHia seeds
- Chopped almonds to add a crunch and healthy fat
- Spices and vanilla
- Olive oil to help it crisp up
- Honey for a little sweetness
How to Make
Making granola right at home is SO easy. I choose each ingredient to not only taste delicious, but to also pack in lots of nutrition. This recipe is high in fibre, healthy fats and also provides some plant-based protein.
Step 1: Combine the dry ingredients into a medium bow.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add in the remaining wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
Step 3: Spread out the granola on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy, flipping halfway. Tip: If you want more clusters, try not to break up the granola too much when flipping!
Check out other breakfast recipes up on the blog!
Or if you’re looking for a snack, my I suggest:
If you try out this recipe, leave a star rating and review below! Enjoy!
Banana Honey Almond Granola
- 2 ½ cups large flake rolled oats
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (slightly browned bananas)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients including the oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds, chopped almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, mash the 2 bananas then add the remaining wet ingredients and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread out the granola mixture onto the baking sheet into an even layer. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven and flip the granola mixture over in chunks.
- If you want more clusters to remain, try not to break up the chunks too much. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow the granola to cool right on the hot pan, as it will continue to dry out from the residual heat.
- Once cooled, store at room temperature in a loosley covered container. Enjoy with greek yogurt or your favourite milk!