This Tofu Sheet Pan Meal with sweet potato and cauliflower is a simple & easy dinner cooked in only 30 minutes! Tossed in a flavourful Maple Soy Marinade to make a delicious and healthy work-week meal.
Ingredients in Maple Soy Vegetarian Sheet Pan Meal
Simple Maple Soy Marinade:
- Low sodium soy sauce (or sub for gluten-free Tamari)
- Pure maple syrup
- Sesame oil- or sub for any oil you have on hand!
- Sriracha for a little hint of spice- you can add more or less to your preference
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Lime juice
Sheet Pan Ingredients:
- Extra-firm tofu- pressed and marinated in the Maple Soy Marinade *You could also sub tempeh here if you’d like!
- 1 small/medium head cauliflower, florets chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Optional: 1-2 Green onion sliced to garnish
How to Make
- The first step is to press and marinate the tofu. I suggest doing this step the night before to give lots of time for the tofu to soak up the marinade! See recipe instructions for details on how to press the tofu.
2. Once the tofu is marinated, the rest is so simple! Line 1-2 baking trays with parchment paper. I like to use 2 baking trays, 1 for the tofu and 1 for the veggies- this way the tofu will get nice and crispy rather than steam- which will happen if the pan is overcrowded.
3. Toss the tofu with it’s marinate with the sweet potato and cauliflower to coat. Add the tofu and veggies to the baking trays.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip everything over. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. That’s it, an easy sheet pan meal cooked in only 30 minutes. Enjoy with a side salad!
Check out this post I created just for you for lots more dinner ideas and inso!
If you try this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and review below. Enjoy!
Maple Soy Vegetarian Sheet Pan Meal
Maple Soy Marinade
- 3 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce *
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
Tofu & Veggies
- 1 block (350g) extra-firm tofu (or tempeh if you prefer!)
- 1 small/medium head cauliflower florets, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- Sliced green onion to garnish *Optional
Marinate the Tofu
- This step can be done up to 24 hours in advance. Start by pressing the tofu to remove excess water- this will help the tofu absorb the marinade flavour later. Remove the tofu from its package and wrap it in some paper towl. Place a heavy pan, or a cutting board with some canned goods on top (anything heavy you may have). Leave for 20 minutes.
- While the tofu is being pressed, mix the ingredients for the Maple Soy marinade in a small bowl.
- After the tofu is finished being pressed, remove the paper towel and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Place the cubes of tofu and the marinate into a shallow dish and mix to coat. Place covered in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in advance. The longer it marinates, the more falvourful it'll be!
Make the rest of the Tray Bake
- Once the tofu has been marinated, preheat the oven to 400F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. I reccomend spreading over 2 trays!
- Add the chopped cauliflower and sweet pototo to a large bowl. Pour the tofu and it's marinate over the veggies and mix so everything is coated. Add the tofu to one baking tray and the veggies to the other. Keep like ingredients togeher on the pan like in the photo.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip the tofu and mix around the veggies. Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Garnish with sliced green onion if desired. Serve with a side salad. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply