Spin dip in breakfast form- these spinach & artichoke egg muffins are the perfect make-ahead breakfast to fuel your mornings. Packed with protein, they are great for a grab & go breakfast or snack.
I love a good recipe using minimal, simple ingredients that are likely already in the fridge or pantry. Most of the ingredients you can guess from the name!
Ingredients in Spinach & Artichoke Egg Muffins
- Garlic (try to find a savoury recipe on my blog without fresh garlic…)
- Dried Parsley (or fresh if you have extra from a previous recipe- my favourite is Curly Parsley)
- Canned Artichoke Hearts
- Parmesan & Feta (the 2 best kinds of cheese in Spin Dip)
- Salt & Pepper
How to eat Spinach & Artichoke Egg Muffins
This dish can be served for both breakfast & a snack. You can even include them for lunch for a protein boost.
Serving size: 2 egg muffins
- Whole Grain Toast
- Sliced Avocado
- Hot Sauce
- Fruit on the side
For a snack:
Serving size: 1 egg muffin
- Whole Grain Crackers
- Raw veggies
- Hot Sauce
How to Prep Egg Muffins:
Spinach & Artichoke Egg Muffins are perfect to prep in advance. Once baked, allow them to cook down completely, then store in an airtight container refrigerated. They will keep well for 4-5 days in the fridge.
I love making a batch at the start of the week to have a quick breakfast or snack ready all week long.
More breakfast inspiration from the blog:
Be sure to leave a star rating & review in the comments if you try it out!
Spinach & Artichoke Egg Muffins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups spinach (wilted)
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 cup diced artichoke hearts (about 3 canned artichokes)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan
- 2 oz feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease 12 muffin tins or use silicone liners. Add the olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Stir fry the spinach until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and whisk until eggs are beaten. Next add in the grated parmesan, artichokes and spinach, mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full. Top with the feta cheese and a crack of black pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked all the way through and golden on top.
- Allow to cool in their tins. Top with a little extra parmesan if desired. Enjoy!