This delicious Honey Dijon Chicken & Veggies One-Pan Bake is the perfect sweet & tangy dish for busy nights. Cooked right in one pan to make dinner super easy & will save you from washing tonnes of dishes afterwards.
The ingredients in this recipe are so simple. You may already have most of them in your pantry and fridge!
You could try substituting the vegetables in this meal, however you want to be mindful to choose ones that have a similar cooking time to the chicken.
Honey Dijon Sauce:
- Old fashioned/grainy dijon mustard- you could use regular dijon if that is what you have on hand, however I love the flavour of the grainy type!
- Cayenne pepper
- Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
Chicken & Veggies:
- Mini round potatoes- you could use other types of potatoes, however ensure you chop them in 1 x 1 inch cubes so they cook at the proper rate.
- Carrots- use the whole thin carrots if you can find them in the grocery store. If not, use regular large carrots sliced in half or quartered lengthwise.
- Yellow onion
- Chicken thighs- chicken thighs cook at the same rate as the veggies here. If you opt to use chicken breast, id recommend tenderizing them until they are 1/4-1/2 inch thick to ensure they cook properly.
How to Make Honey Dijon Chicken & Veggies One-Pan Bake
- Start by making the simple Honey Dijon Sauce. Just combine all ingredients and stir!
- Next, prepare the ingredients. Slice the potatoes in half, slice the onion. If you’re using regular carrots (the thicker ones), just slice in half lengthwise to ensure all ingredients cook at the same rate!
- Add the veggies and chicken to a bowl and coat with about half the Honey Dijon Sauce. Use the remaining sauce for the carrots.
- Add to the parchment lined baking sheet & bake for 35-35 minutes, flipping halfway through. That’s it!
I personally love how easy this meal is. If you feel drained after a work day, and cooking an extravagant meal is the LAST thing you’d call a good time, this is the meal for you.
Other easy dinner recipes on the blog:
Leave a star rating and review below if you try out this recipe! Enjoy!
Honey Dijon Chicken & Veggies One-Pan Bake
Honey Dijon Sauce
- 1/4 cup old fashioned dijon mustard (the seedy/grainy kind)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch salt & pepper
Chicken & Veggies
- 1 ½ lbs small round potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch (350g) thin carrots, tops sliced off (or regular large carrots sliced in half lengthwise)
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix ingredients for the Honey Dijon Sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the sliced poatoes, onion and chicken thighs to a medium bowl. Add a little over half the Honey Dijon Sauce to the bowl and mix to coat everything.
- Lay the carrots on the baking tray and drizzle the remaining honey mustard sauce over the carrots, using your hands to spread the sauce to coat.
- Add the chicken, potatoes and onion to the tray and spread everything out evenly. If you don't have a large enough baking tray for everything to fit well, I'd reccomend using two.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip the carrots and stir around the potatoes and onion. Return to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165F), and the potatoes and carrots are fork tender. Enjoy!