Overnight oats are a super quick way to have a nourishing and satisfying breakfast ready to go in the morning. This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats recipe is packed with healthy fibre and protein to keep you full until lunch.
One serving of these oats contains about 13g of plant-based protein, perfect for vegetarians or vegans. Protein helps to keep us full for longer by slowing down the digestion of carbohydrate foods.
How to make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats:
- Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Either leave the mixture in one bowl or divide between 3 servings. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, serve with any toppings if you’d like!
- Banana Slices
- Maple syrup or honey
- Peanut Butter
- Greek yogurt (or on the side)
Protein: Peanut butter, hemp hearts, chia seeds, even oats have some protein. One serving contains 13g on its own, or pair this recipe with some Greek yogurt to pump up the protein a little more.
Fibre: Rolled oats, chia seeds & hemp hearts.
Healthy Fats: Chia seeds, hemp hearts & peanut butter.
Be sure to leave a star rating and review if you try this recipe!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup or honey, depending on how sweet you prefer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice I love using soy milk for more protein!
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips I used mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place covered in the refridgerate for a minumum of 6 hours or longer (overnight)
- The next morning, enjoy with any toppings you'd like heated up or cold!
A drizzle of maple syrup or honey Keeps for 4-5 days refrigerated.