Vanilla Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal is the perfect complement to your slow Saturday mornings & will have your house smelling amazing while it bakes for the ultimate weekend vibes. Pair with a strong cup of coffee & you’re set!
Ingredients in Vanilla Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal
Part of why I love this dish so much is the simplicity of all the ingredients, you likely have most of these ingredients already in your pantry & fridge!
- Large flake rolled oats (I prefer large flake to the other types)
- Cinnamon and nutmeg, because no oatmeal dish can go without cozy spices
chia seeds for a fibre boost!
- Typical baking ingredients including salt, baking powder and vanilla extract
- Milk- I used 1% here. I haven’t tried any other variations such as almond. I used regular diary milk here because milk gives a boost of protein where its almond counterpart wouldn’t.
- Olive oil- a great way to add some healthy fats!
- Frozen cherries- fresh would work, however this dish can be made year round using frozen!
Make Ahead Option for Vanilla Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal
This breakfast is no doubt the ultimate weekend brunch dish, however this can easily be made ahead for easy breakfast all workweek. I made a batch for myself on Sunday and plan to enjoy a slice or two with some Greek yogurt before heading off to work in the morning.
This dish will last in the fridge for about 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 25 seconds and serve with a dollop of greek yogurt on top, even a drizzle of maple syrup or honey if you’d like!
Browse other breakfast recipes on my blog!
If you try out this recipe, leave a star rating and review in the comments below. I’d love to know what you think. Enjoy!
Vanilla Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups milk, I used 1%
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ cups frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F and oil an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients: oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds, baking powder and salt and mix.
- In another small bowl, combine the wet ingredients: milk, eggs, honey, vanilla extract and olive oil and whisk togeher until the ingredients are all combined. Pour the wet mixture into the dry oat mixture and mix well.
- To the bottom of the oiled baking dish, add 2 cups of the frozen cherries. Pour the oat mixture over top the cherries.
- Using the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula, help the oat mixture get into all the creases and corners by smooting the top of the oat layer with your spoon. Sprinkle the top with the chopped almonds and the remaining 1/2 cup of cherries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden on top and set in the middle. Remove from the oven and allow it to set for about 10 minutes. Slice into 9 squares & enjoy!
Reheat before eating & serve with Greek yogurt for a protein boost!
Yum! Recipe worked perfect and tastes great! So glad to have found such and easy and delicious recipe to add to my meal preps! Thanks!
Andrea Toole says
I am so glad you enjoyed it! This recipe is a regular in my meal prep rotation as well 🙂 Thank you for your wonderful comment!